Farmers Insurance Agent in Draper, UT
Paul P McGarrellPaul McGarrell Insurance Agency IncorporatedAbout Me
I moved to Salt Lake City, Utah when I was 16 from Tacoma, Washington. I moved to Sandy, UT in 1988 and have been here ever since.
I established my agency from scratch in January of 1995. Draper is a growing community that cares about supporting their own and I don’t think I could have picked a better place to open my agency. When I started in the insurance industry it was for survival. I had just been laid off from Mountain Fuel (now Questar) and I had no car (because I had a company truck), a house payment and a family to take care of. I had been searching for positions in the HVAC in the newspaper and not finding anything so what comes after H, I. There was an ad from my district manager that I answered and the rest is history. Now we are the 9th largest Farmers agency in the country. My agency's number one core values are honesty, excellence, accountability, respect, and teamwork. We strive to help each person that walks through our doors and make sure they have the best service possible. Along with Auto, Home, and Life insurance, we also provide Business Insurance and Financial Services to the Draper, UT area.
Being involved in the community is very important to me. I help support many local school programs, including Juan Diego Youth Soccer, Football, Lacrosse, Youth Football and St. John the Baptist Elementary. I also support Primary Children’s Hospital and the University of Utah Athletes – Crimson Club Sponsor.
When I am not at work I enjoy spending time with my wife, Judy, my daughter, Chelsy, my son-in-law Joshua, and my two grandchildren, Jameson and Kennedy. I love attending my grandchildren’s extracurricular activities. My grandson plays football and baseball, while my granddaughter plays soccer and dance. I also enjoy water skiing, snow skiing, waterfowl hunting and going up to the Wasatch Mountain Range. The Draper, UT area is such a great community full of so many things to do. I am truly grateful to be able to provide insurance services and give back in any way possible.
We are at 254 East 12200 South, Ste 200, Draper, UT 84020 East of Draper Heights Shopping Center where Kohls, Michaels, Ross and In and Out Burger are across the street from the Draper Post Office (South).
Give me a call at (801) 553-1173 and I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Languages Spoken: English
Insurance Products Offered
Comprehensive coverage? Collision coverage? Deductibles? Medical Payments? Where to begin? Your local Farmers agent can take the mystery out of selecting the right Car insurance coverage for your needs and budget. Get started with an online Auto insurance quote and learn about our insurance discounts that can help you save money.
Your home is perhaps your most valuable possession, so you'll want to make sure your insurer has withstood the test of time. Farmers® has been providing insurance products for over 80 years, and will be there in the event disaster strikes and your home is damaged in a fire or due to another covered cause of loss. Plus, get competitive rates with our multi-line insurance discounts. Get a Home insurance quote now.
How much has your life changed in the last few years? Whether you've purchased a home, gotten married, had children or started a small business, it's a good idea to review your Life insurance policy. Call me today so you can create a plan to help provide financial support for those who depend on you.ADFL029AWS 9/17
Your landlord may have an insurance policy, but if there's a fire in your building, that policy may not cover your possessions. That's why there's Renters insurance. Get a Renters insurance quote to see how affordable it is to protect your personal belongings.
Managing your small business can be complex, selecting the right Business insurance for your unique operation doesn't have to be. No matter the type of business, a Farmers agent can help you customize an insurance package to reduce your risk and protect your investment. Request a Business insurance quote today to get started.
As a motorcycle enthusiast, you're all about adventure and fun. The last thing you want to worry about is whether you have the right Motorcycle insurance policy. Talk to a Farmers agent about Motorcycle insurance discounts such as rewards for responsible riders and insuring more than one bike with Farmers.
When enjoying the great outdoors, you shouldn't have to be thinking about your insurance coverage. Make sure you have Recreational insurance coverage from an industry leader. Whether you own a boat, travel trailer, ATV or Motor Home, Farmers Insurance has flexible coverage options and insurance discounts. Contact a Farmers agent to get a quote.
Farmers Financial Solutions*
In today’s world, you want options, flexibility, and some measure of certainty that a secure future is within reach. As your Farmers Insurance and Financial Services agent, I have the experience and professional perspective to help you build a solid financial plan. Call me for an appointment, and let’s talk about how you can reach your goals.
To check background information of this investment professional, visit FINRA BrokerCheck.
You work hard for the things that are important to you. For added coverage above and beyond the liability limits of your Auto or Home insurance policies, a Personal Umbrella insurance policy can provide added protection for your assets and future earnings.
Ask Me About:
Ballard's Iceberg is one of the local and office favorites!
“The One and Only” Ballard’s Iceberg Drive-Inn opened its doors in June of 1960 by Allen and Alice Mae Ballard. Alice Mae was looking to open a business of her own when she was introduced to a man named Hap Vitale who had a business model and building design for a fast-food franchise. There was another location on 3900 South & 900 East owned by Lamar Sorenson. Mr. Vitale, apparently gave up on the franchise, and these were two separately owned and operated family businesses. Mr. Sorenson later sold. The business was built in front of the Ballard’s home, where it is still located to this day. Alice Mae and her husband Allen ran the business for years. Later joined by their son Don, who took over management of the business, and has since been a full-time hands-on owner who can be seen every day grilling up freshly made to order burgers and fries. Alice Mae was still working and helping out until her death in 2008 Making this the Original “One and Only” Ballard’s Iceberg Drive.
We support the Juan Diego Youth Football Program
We support the Juan Diego Youth Football Program in their efforts to build on the fundamentals of football with each player, challenge each player to reach the extra inch with their physical abilities and football IQ, build character, team work, excellence and discipline.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- November 12, 2020Rating 5.0Paul is great to follow up and work on my account.
- October 30, 2020Rating 5.0Rebecca helped me in a timely matter
- August 21, 2020Rating 5.0I had a great experience working with Chelsy. She answered all of my questions and was very quick at responding. Being so responsive is one of the main reasons we decided to get auto insurance from Farmers. We really enjoy working with your team!
- July 25, 2020Rating 5.0Prompt and connected. Excellent.
- May 24, 2020Rating 5.0Paul and staff are wonderful! They have been taking great care of me for 25 years!
- May 2, 2020Rating 5.0Great to be working with a true professional again.
- January 6, 2020Rating 5.0Paul, Judy and Chelsy are the best that Farmers could have representing them. They never wait for their client to call them and say I have found better pricing or a better deal, they are always in touch and never hesitate to offer a better deal if possible. They are never more than a phone call away for immediate action to help out.
- December 22, 2019Rating 5.0Paul has been our Farmers agent for all of our insurance needs for many years and he has been an excellent resource to our family. We could not be more happy with the incredibly high level of service Paul has provided over those years, so much so that almost everyone in our extended family, parents, brothers and sisters all use Paul as well. At this point we consider him a trusted friend and advisor, have simply cannot imagine an insurance agent doing more for his clients than what Paul does.
- December 5, 2019Rating 5.0Very knowledgeable, professional, and personable. This agency came highly recommended by a friend and they did not disappoint me. Good job! Thanks
- September 18, 2019Rating 5.0The staff is very proficient and professional, we have had nothing but a great experience with you guys so far , great job
- September 3, 2019Rating 5.0I'm very pleased with the manner in which Rebecca handled my insurance needs. My recent home closing was a complicated divorce situation and she worked hard to ensure the process was completed effectively.
- August 18, 2019Rating 5.0Every time we've called Paul, Judy or Rebecca we've experienced fantastic advice and customer service. We've been a client if their's over 20 years and have never thought of changing because we've always received the best prices and coverage. We highly recommend this agency!! - Steve and Ruthann
- July 23, 2019Rating 5.0Jenni is great, very helpful, responsive and reliable.
- July 10, 2019Rating 5.0Staff is amazing!
- July 7, 2019Rating 5.0Everyone in the office is so nice. Most know me by name. Taylor and Judy are awesome. So glad I have a wonderful group of people watching out for me.I 😊
- June 28, 2019Rating 5.0good experience! A few too many follow up emails though!
- June 24, 2019Rating 5.0Everything went very smooth and quick. Thank you for that
- June 20, 2019Rating 5.0Taylor was excellect and detailed. Thanks
- June 1, 2019Rating 5.0All good
- May 8, 2019Rating 5.0Jenni was extremely helpful and knowledgeable and I ended up with a better policy for less money. Very pleasant experience. She is the best.