Farmers Insurance Agent in Cape Girardeau, MO
Tom SmithAbout Me
I have been in the Cape Girardeau, MO area since I was 8 years old. The heartland (Southeast Missouri & Southern Illinois) has always been home to me and I love working with people who know and trust me. Before becoming an insurance agent I served in the United States Air Force from 1992-1996. I started my insurance career in December 2011 as a scratch agent and purchased a small book of business in 2013.
My office is located just off of Kingshighway across the street from Smokin’ Brothers. We love helping our clients understand insurance so they can make better decisions when selecting the coverage needed to protect themselves, their loved ones and their property. Whether they need home, auto, life or financial services, we are there to guide them in the right direction. Farmers®
Insurance also provides exceptional service when tragedy strikes, which is when clients need them the most.
Giving back to the community is very important to me. I am a member of the Cape West Rotary club where I’ve been a board member for the last four years. We have different events every year benefitting different charities such as the SEMO Scholarship fund where we have raised over $1mil in scholarships to SEMO students. We also benefit the annual Duck Regatta where this last year I was the title sponsor and helped raise more than $6,000 with all of it going to the local Special Olympics chapter this year. For the last four years, I have also been a member of the Farmers Insurance Advisory council for the state of Missouri.
When I am not in the office I love spending time outdoors and spending time with my wife, Cinnamon Wheeles-Smith.
Give me a call at (573) 651-6515 and I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Languages Spoken: English
Insurance Products Offered
Comprehensive coverage? Collision coverage? Deductibles? Medical Payments? Where to begin? Your local Farmers agent can take the mystery out of selecting the right Car insurance coverage for your needs and budget. Get started with an online Auto insurance quote and learn about our insurance discounts that can help you save money.
Your home is perhaps your most valuable possession, so you'll want to make sure your insurer has withstood the test of time. Farmers® has been providing insurance products for over 80 years, and will be there in the event disaster strikes and your home is damaged in a fire or due to another covered cause of loss. Plus, get competitive rates with our multi-line insurance discounts. Get a Home insurance quote now.
How much has your life changed in the last few years? Whether you've purchased a home, gotten married, had children or started a small business, it's a good idea to review your Life insurance policy. Call me today so you can create a plan to help provide financial support for those who depend on you.ADFL029AWS 9/17
Your landlord may have an insurance policy, but if there's a fire in your building, that policy may not cover your possessions. That's why there's Renters insurance. Get a Renters insurance quote to see how affordable it is to protect your personal belongings.
Managing your small business can be complex, selecting the right Business insurance for your unique operation doesn't have to be. No matter the type of business, a Farmers agent can help you customize an insurance package to reduce your risk and protect your investment. Request a Business insurance quote today to get started.
As a motorcycle enthusiast, you're all about adventure and fun. The last thing you want to worry about is whether you have the right Motorcycle insurance policy. Talk to a Farmers agent about Motorcycle insurance discounts such as rewards for responsible riders and insuring more than one bike with Farmers.
When enjoying the great outdoors, you shouldn't have to be thinking about your insurance coverage. Make sure you have Recreational insurance coverage from an industry leader. Whether you own a boat, travel trailer, ATV or Motor Home, Farmers Insurance has flexible coverage options and insurance discounts. Contact a Farmers agent to get a quote.
Your condo is more than a place you call home. It’s also a major investment filled with possessions you want to protect. Get a quote on condo insurance to see how affordable it is to protect your personal belongings.
Farmers Financial Solutions*
In today’s world, you want options, flexibility, and some measure of certainty that a secure future is within reach. As your Farmers Insurance and Financial Services agent, I have the experience and professional perspective to help you build a solid financial plan. Call me for an appointment, and let’s talk about how you can reach your goals.
To check background information of this investment professional, visit FINRA BrokerCheck.
You work hard for the things that are important to you. For added coverage above and beyond the liability limits of your Auto or Home insurance policies, a Personal Umbrella insurance policy can provide added protection for your assets and future earnings.
Ask Me About:
Give me a call to learn more about our coverage and get a quote today!
PWS LD-01 10/17
Cape Girardeau West Rotary Club
Cape Girardeau West became a Rotary Club because of the vision of Cape Girardeau Rotary Club leadership, members, and PDG John Blue. John Blue envisioned more Rotary members in Cape Girardeau, instead of an exclusive club. Cape West was chartered July 25, 1966, with 23 new members.
Many projects have left a legacy in our city through the contributions of Cape West Rotary to Scouting Programs, Boy's and Girl's clubs, Sports, Rotary Youth Exchange, Group Study Exchange with countries throughout the world sponsoring Ambassadorial Scholars and too many local projects to list.
Rotary International, through the local Rotary Clubs, supports projects to improve lives of those in need in other countries. Cape West has sponsored drilling of water wells, cataract and ear surgeries, shoes for orphans, and funding for eradication of polio. These are only a token naming of projects where local Rotarian's have contributed physically and financially.
We are bankers, lawyers, administrators, teachers, craftsmen, sales people, managers and many other things, but we all come together as Rotarian's with one purpose: to put Service Above Self.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- February 7, 2021Rating 5.0My experience is always pleasant when dealing with Tom. He goes above and beyond to assist his customers. It’s nice to have an agent who takes the time to explain!
- November 4, 2020Rating 5.0😀Response from TomNovember 4, 2020Thanks for your continued business and trust Geannie. Really means a lot.
- October 7, 2020Rating 5.0They did a great job and premiums are lower. Friendly serviceResponse from TomNovember 4, 2020Thanks so much for allowing us to handle your insurance needs Kelly.
- July 6, 2020Rating 5.0Excellent Agent!Response from TomNovember 4, 2020Thanks so much for your business and trust Bernadette.
- January 15, 2020Rating 5.0Tom has taken care of from the beginning. Our first house through to our third. There are a number of different choices for insurance, but Tom and Farmers are the first choice for us.Response from TomJanuary 15, 2020Thanks so much for your business and continued trust in me and Farmers TJ. Enjoy your new home!!!
- November 28, 2019Rating 5.0Great staff and great fella to work with. He is very informative and helpful on determining what is best for you as a client.Response from TomMarch 13, 2020Thanks so much Randall. Glad we were able to get you two moved over.
- July 27, 2019Rating 5.0I talked with Dawn in Tom Smith's agency several times and she was very patient and helpful in explaining the options. I know more about insurance now than I ever have!Response from TomJuly 27, 2019Thanks so much Barbara. We are always here to help you with any questions you may have so you can make the best decisions when protecting yourself and your family.
- March 28, 2019Rating 5.0Tom knows his business. He is patient and courteous. Good agent for me.Response from TomJune 6, 2019Thanks so much for your business and friendship over the years Matt.
- March 20, 2019Rating 5.0Tom was very informative and considerate of my needs. I appreciate everything he has done for me and I trust himResponse from TomMarch 20, 2019Thanks so much for your business and trust Bette!
- September 11, 2018Rating 5.0My experience has been great! All of my questions have been answered, and all quotes have came back very quick! This experience has changed my perspective on insurance companies in a positive way.Response from TomSeptember 13, 2018Thanks so much Josh and glad we were able to earn your business.
- April 15, 2018Rating 5.0Always top notch service with Tom. He explains my coverages in terms I understand and it makes the process simple. I feel confident in his suggestions and know that my household is covered.Response from TomApril 23, 2018Thanks Dawn.
- April 5, 2018Rating 5.0Tom provided excellent personalized customer service, far superior to my previous insurance company. Extremely knowledgeable, timely communication, and very personable.Response from TomApril 23, 2018Thanks so much Steven.