Skip to content
Return to nav
Photo of Lucas Richmond
Lucas Richmond
Select a product to get a quote
Enter your zip code

Photo of Lucas Richmond

Lucas Richmond

Farmers Insurance Agent in Fort Collins, CO

Contact Info


343 W Drake Rd
Ste 250
Fort Collins, CO 80526

Get Directions

Phone Numbers


Office Hours

Day of the WeekHours
Mon:8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Tue:8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Wed:8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Thu:8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Fri:8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday by appointment
Contact me

Farmers Insurance Agent in Fort Collins, CO

Lucas Elgin Richmond
About Me

Hello, my name is Lucas Richmond. I am a fourth generation Northern Colorado native, third generation CSU grad, and part of Farmers Insurance® since 2010. As one of your leading local Farmers Insurance® agents in Loveland, Colorado, I help customers like you identify the insurance coverage that best fits your needs. Myself and my team, consisting of a combined 30 years experience, are eager to serve you, your family, and/or your business, Come see what separates the Lucas Richmond Agency from the rest!

Give me a call at (970) 800-4050 and I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Languages Spoken: English

Years of Experience

I have over 7 years of experience as a Farmers Insurance agent.

Neighborhoods Served

Loveland, Fort Collins, Windsor, Berthod, Johnstown, Red Feather Lakes, Rist Canyon, Masonville, and Estes Park


States Licensed In


Insurance Products Offered

Get A Quote Online:

Auto Insurance
Auto Insurance
Home Insurance
Home Insurance
Life Insurance1
Life Insurance

Call For More Info:

Ask Me About:

Whether you want to talk about moving your insurance to our agency or you're an existing client who would like a Farmers Friendly Review of your policies, Lucas would be happy to take the time to meet with you. There are several ways for him to meet with you - at the office, at your home, via phone call or even video conference. We are hear for you!

Celebrating exceptional students throughout Northern Colorado since 2010!

Vet visits are twice as expensive as they were 10 years ago, but that shouldn't keep you from caring for your pet.

Pet insurance coverage offered and administered by Pets Best Insurance Services, LLC is underwritten by Independence American Insurance Company, a Delaware insurance company.

  • CrossFit
  • Swimming and Diving
  • Coaching
  • Mountain and Road Biking

Farmers® agents provide this service in person or online to help you review your existing coverage, so you can decide how to keep up with your changing insurance needs.

- As your life changes, maybe your policy should too

Changes in your life can add up to changes in insurance needs. A change in marital status, the birth of a child or the purchase of a new home are just a few examples of life events that may create overlaps or gaps in your coverage.

- Review your coverage and possibly save money

Just as you continue to change and grow, Farmers® has been growing for over 85 years. A Farmers® customer can be the first to enjoy access to new benefits (like when we became the first insurance group to offer a discount for alternative-fuel vehicles). Talk to us about a Farmers Friendly Review® - we can provide you with insurance options and discuss any available discounts for which you may qualify so you can select the coverage that best fits your needs.

- How often should you have a Farmers Friendly Review® session?

We recommend a Farmers Friendly Review® at least once a year or whenever you have a qualifying life event change. If you like, I can even set a reminder for us to keep an annual appointment to discuss your changing coverage needs.

Give us a call to set up your Farmers Friendly Review®.

Should I add the boat to my homeowners insurance or write a separate policy to have it covered? As you can imagine, most people are ecstatic when they purchase a new boat for the summer months and being able to get out on the water with their friends and families. Since you are reading this blog, (and hopefully have read others in our series) you can likely guess that there are some common insurance questions we get asked regularly when it comes to boat insurance. One of those questions is ‘Do I have to buy separate insurance for my boat?’ As always, the answer is, ‘well… that depends’. Here is why – insurance usually protects against two types of loss – Liability and Property. Not all policies cover both and often have qualification guidelines. If you have a solid homeowner or renter’s insurance policy, you will likely have liability coverage that will extend for operations of your boat. In the event you cause either bodily injury and/or property damage to another party, your homeowner’s policy will pay for those damages (up to the limits of your policy). This is a good thing. ‘But Luke… What about my sweet boat!? Will it be covered?’ Well, under most homeowner’s policies, if your boat exceeds a certain hull or engine size, your boat is likely not covered for property damage. If this is the case, then any damage caused while operating the boat will be the responsibility of the insured. If you carry a separate policy for your boat, there are a few benefits alongside having the separate coverage for liability and property damage. For one, the price is usually quite reasonable. In most instances, you can carry a lower deductible for property damage and it won’t punish your pocket book. Another perk is the bundling discounts that come with adding an additional policy to your current insurance portfolio consisting for home and auto. These discounts can range anywhere from 5-15% depending upon company and other policies within your household. While both of these options have their pros and cons, both should give you some peace of mind, knowing that you and your family are covered while enjoying your new boat.

Frequently Asked Questions:

My Hardworking Team

Photo of Laura Mortimer

Laura Mortimer

Account Executive - Commercial Lines Specialist

Email Me
Photo of Breanna Royer

Breanna Royer

Customer Service Representative

Email Me