Farmers Insurance Agent in Oakland, CA
Ruth Mary StroupRuth Stroup Insurance Agency, IncAbout Me
As a lifelong resident of California, I'm proud to serve to Oakland as your local Farmers® agent. I love educating people about how insurance works, and how to make it work for them
I am very involved in the community, supporting local schools including Glenview, Edna Brewer, Oakland Tech High School, Joaquin Miller, Crocker Highlands, Kaiser, Hillcrest, Peralta, Chabot, and Melrose Academy. I am also an active member of the Rotary Club of Oakland providing additional support to Oakland family with service projects, non-profit grants, and youth scholarships.
Whether you're looking for home or fire insurance for that new house or rental, auto insurance for the family car, business insurance to set up that new office or restaurant, life insurance to protect your family, financial services, or more - it's imperative for me that you have the coverage you need on the day you need it!
Even if you're located in Berkeley, Albany, Alameda, Emeryville, San Leandro, Castro Valley, El Cerrito, Richmond or beyond, I welcome you to stop by my office which is conveniently located near beautiful Lake Merritt in the Grand Avenue business district of Oakland. I will make the insurance process easy and personalized so that you can rest well knowing you are covered.
When not in the office you can find me walking the lake, shopping at the farmers market, or connecting with locals at fundraisers, festivals and networking events!
Give me a call at (510) 874-5700 and I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Languages Spoken: English
Years of Experience
CA Agency License #: 0M13985
Insurance Products Offered
Comprehensive coverage? Collision coverage? Deductibles? Medical Payments? Where to begin? Your local Farmers agent can take the mystery out of selecting the right Car insurance coverage for your needs and budget. Get started with an online Auto insurance quote and learn about our insurance discounts that can help you save money.
Your home is perhaps your most valuable possession, so you'll want to make sure your insurer has withstood the test of time. Farmers® has been providing insurance products for over 80 years, and will be there in the event disaster strikes and your home is damaged in a fire or due to another covered cause of loss. Plus, get competitive rates with our multi-line insurance discounts. Get a Home insurance quote now.
How much has your life changed in the last few years? Whether you've purchased a home, gotten married, had children or started a small business, it's a good idea to review your Life insurance policy. Call me today so you can create a plan to help provide financial support for those who depend on you.ADFL029AWS 9/17
Your landlord may have an insurance policy, but if there's a fire in your building, that policy may not cover your possessions. That's why there's Renters insurance. Get a Renters insurance quote to see how affordable it is to protect your personal belongings.
Managing your small business can be complex, selecting the right Business insurance for your unique operation doesn't have to be. No matter the type of business, a Farmers agent can help you customize an insurance package to reduce your risk and protect your investment. Request a Business insurance quote today to get started.
As a motorcycle enthusiast, you're all about adventure and fun. The last thing you want to worry about is whether you have the right Motorcycle insurance policy. Talk to a Farmers agent about Motorcycle insurance discounts such as rewards for responsible riders and insuring more than one bike with Farmers.
When enjoying the great outdoors, you shouldn't have to be thinking about your insurance coverage. Make sure you have Recreational insurance coverage from an industry leader. Whether you own a boat, travel trailer, ATV or Motor Home, Farmers Insurance has flexible coverage options and insurance discounts. Contact a Farmers agent to get a quote.
Farmers Financial Solutions*
In today’s world, you want options, flexibility, and some measure of certainty that a secure future is within reach. As your Farmers Insurance and Financial Services agent, I have the experience and professional perspective to help you build a solid financial plan. Call me for an appointment, and let’s talk about how you can reach your goals.
To check background information of this investment professional, visit FINRA BrokerCheck.
You work hard for the things that are important to you. For added coverage above and beyond the liability limits of your Auto or Home insurance policies, a Personal Umbrella insurance policy can provide added protection for your assets and future earnings.
Ask Me About:
PWS LD-02 10/17
Oakland-Berkeley Association of Realtors
We work closely with realtors in the community, helping their clients when they buy or sell real estate. Ruth has been recognized as "affiliate" of the year - 4 times in the past 10 years.
Grand Lake Farmers Market
The Oakland Grand Lake market features over 40 local farmers, 30 specialty food purveyors.
The market is fun for the whole family, and promotes healthy living.
Splash Pad Park, Lake Park Ave, Oakland, CA 94610 Every Saturday, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm Rain or Shine
Oakland Leaf cultivates community transformation through creative education for youth and families. Ruth Stroup has been supporting Oakland Leaf for the past 5 years. We are inspired by the work they do in our community.
Join us at the annual gala.
Rotary Club of Oakalnd
For the last 100-plus years, Rotarians have committed to making Oakland a better place. We are proud of this legacy and continue to put “service above self” through the following ten committees: Service to Seniors, Rotaract (Rotary for young adults), Community Service (multiple projects helping other local non-profits), Enterprise Institute (business camp for teens), HOPE (tutoring program), Interact (Rotary for teens), Kinder Prep (support for Transitional Kindergarten teachers and students), RYLA (teen leadership program) Saroni-Lena Scholarships (for 1st year college students), Speech Contest (teen program).
Business Network International
BNI is the world's largest referral marketing organization. As a long time member, we've developed deep relationships with other business members in the community, and are always to happy to introduce you and make an introduction. Reach out to Ruth if you would like to attend a meeting
We provide a wide array of products for business owners including Workers Comp insurance, General Liability, Business Interruption, Liquor Liability, Employment Practices Liability and Life Insurance.
Whether you own a restaurant in San Francisco, or your business is located in the East Bay, our Oakland office is centrally located and here to assist you.
Call us, or if it's easier, click below to schedule a call back.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- December 25, 2020Rating 5.0Ruth and her team are ALWAYS there for me. Very responsive and helpful. I am sure I could get less expensive insurance but I stay with Farmers because of Ruth and her team.
- November 27, 2020Rating 5.0What a fantastic agency! Allie helped me choose a homeowners policy—my first. She is phenomenal: easy to reach, explains all the complicated stuff in a way I can understand, all the while being a pleasure to engage with. And she is on the ball! Got everything ready for our closing in a flash. Couldn’t be happier.
- November 13, 2020Rating 5.0Thanks for making the clarity and professionalism.
- October 25, 2020Rating 5.0Ruth processed my application for home owners insurance with lightning speed. Very satisfied.
- June 10, 2020Rating 5.0We had some problems because our home is in a fire danger area and we got fantastic service from our Farmer agent
- May 25, 2020Rating 5.0Ruth was great to work with, she explained the various options and priced out a few different possibilities for me based on my interest in changing specific coverage amounts. She also followed-up with me on the differences in earthquake coverage available.
- April 22, 2020Rating 5.0The best ever
- January 30, 2020Rating 5.0Great service from Ruth and her staff, prompt response and advice.
- January 30, 2020Rating 5.0Superior expertise and customer service.
- January 29, 2020Rating 5.0all was fine
- January 25, 2020Rating 5.0Ruth always listens to my concerns and works to find the best solution to my insurance needs.
- November 25, 2019Rating 5.0Thorough, professional, concerned, and did an on-site assessment.Response from RuthJanuary 2, 2020Thanks Ben. We are glad we could help!
- November 21, 2019Rating 5.0I worked directly with Ruth's assistant/colleague Allie and she was fabulous - attentive, detail-oriented, patient and a problem solver. I highly recommend Farmers and Ruth Stroup's team.Response from RuthJanuary 2, 2020Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate your kind words.
- November 19, 2019Rating 5.0Ruth and her staff are top level. Thanks for everything!Response from RuthJanuary 2, 2020Thanks Serena. So glad to be working with you and your family
- November 14, 2019Rating 5.0Ruth's assistant Alex has been amazingly professional and personable and went the extra mile to deal with the issues I faced in obtaining adequate homeowners, auto and umbrella insurance. I am EXTREMELY pleased with the level of service provided. Ruth provided my insurance several years ago and I'm very happy to be back with her!
- October 18, 2019Rating 5.0Ruth is ALWAYS available, always helpful and knowledgeable , and always has your best interest at heart. And, as if that wasn't enough, she has a great sense of humor and perspective. I was just thinking the other day that I sure hope she never retires!
- October 14, 2019Rating 4.0Ruth was very thorough in my policy review. She explained things in a way that I could understand them, which is no easy feat when it comes to something as confusing (to me) as insurance. I felt as if she really tried to understand my current situation and get me the best coverages possible for my budget.
- September 29, 2019Rating 5.0Ruth,
We appreciate Allie's and your help solving problems and answering questions about our insurance options and needs. Your solutions were very timely and we are pleased to be on board!!
Ron and Marcia
- August 31, 2019Rating 5.0hi, sweet and dear Ruth.
here's my response. excellent. Ally, Lindsey all fantastic.
- August 28, 2019Rating 5.0Helpful, timely response to my questions. Excellent service.